Saturday, September 18, 2010

A picnic to the parade ground



It was the first week, I remember; we were still exploring the campus...and, I had seldom started conveying, anything more than a smile to the people around me in the new world. The moment I arrived college, life got too busy with orientation classes, assignments, yoga and so on; sometimes I found it difficult to cope with; I could find the greener side of my job, I had resigned just few weeks back... then came the news that all of us would be going for an OBL program at Pegasus. Hah, the change was a need indeed.
The buses were packed; all the ‘future managers’ got busy with anthakshari soon, which went on and on. I had got a special friend to share the seat; a handsome, ever-smiling young man who was about to lose his bachelor’s degree- Dr Vikas (it was his marriage after four days :-)).
From the moment reached there, life at Pegasus was so vibrant. We all woke up early morning, trekked, played, and learned. We interacted with each other, did team building activities, and sang together in the late night along with Sandeep’s guitar.
Food was delicious there! Activities were filled with fun and challenge...some of them being too hard to try. Believe me dude, while there are smart and charming girls being part of the team, you won’t even know what hardness isJ. Even the typical military lectures by the officers were an entirely new experience. In one of the sessions, the officer asked each student for their favorite Hollywood movie; once everyone finished, they were asked to prefix it to “under my uncle’s pink pyjama”. Hilarious... there were the Terminator, Vertical limit and even 300!

3 days with tonnes of fun and learning, got over like a blink.

No comments:

Post a Comment